Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Future Awaits.

I tend to over think and worry about things that most people don't even give a second thought.

I've realized how much things are changing and how it is time to finally start growing up. In less than a year, I will be graduating high school and turning 18. No more parents handing you money when you need it. No more youth group. No more just having to worry about school. It's the big time rapidly approaching. As my years of adolescence start to slow down, my mind has been going 100 MPH trying to figure out what I want to do with my life after I graduate high school.

College is what pretty much everyone does after high school. What colleges have you applied to? What's your dream college? What do you wanna major in? All of us are starting to get asked those questions.

As for college, I want to go to NYU. My recent trip to NYC has made me realize that NYC might be where God wants me to be. I've always loved the idea of the city, and when I finally visited it, I could've walked around those streets non stop and just be content with it's presence. I honestly feel like RVA is not where God wants me to be. SVA or NYU, I pray that I get accepted.

But what if I don't get accepted into a NYC college? Does that mean that God doesn't want me there?

The thoughts of taking a year off between high school and college has also crossed my mind. I would love to join the Peace Corps and volunteer in Ethiopia. However, it's a lot harder to get accepted when you have nothing but a high school diploma. The thought of doing a short term internship with TWLOHA or Invisible Children has also crossed my mind. Just a break to clear my mind and focus on real people, God, and what He wants me to do in my life.

I'm pretty sure I'll end up going to college. NYU for journalism or SVA for Visual and Critical studies. I have less than a year to get this all figured out, and my decisions are life changing.

I still can't fathom the idea that in less than a year, everything I've known will be turned upside down. But I'm ready.

2 comments:

  1. im looking into sva too.... idk if you follow nicholasrobert on tumblr, but he kinda got me hooked :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do follow him! haha but did you get the huge info book from sva? that's what got me hooked

    ReplyDelete

Followers