Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Moving forward.

Time is changing. I feel like that's all I think or write about, but it's what is constantly running through my mind.

Today I went to my appointment with my mom and sister to look at all my senior pictures and choose which shots we wanted to order. When we got there, they had a slide show of all the pictures and they had You and Me by Lifehouse playing in the background. I honestly thought my mom was gonna cry, and she said she was about to but she held it back because she knew it was gonna embarrass me (crying kinda freaks me out). As I was watching my pictures go across the screen, it symbolized so much more than just pictures to be in the yearbook and handed out to my friends and family. It symbolized my life, and how much it's going to change over the next year. This year is my last year of high school. The last year of my adolescence. It really got me thinking about how I'm really growing up. Family always tells me how old I'm getting, or how much I'm growing, and I never even give those comments a second thought. Until now, I've realized that I really am growing up. It's kinda scary how fast these past 3 years of high school have gone by. It's just evidence that this final year is gonna go by even faster.

All the seniors also started leaving for college this week. I'm mostly talking about the seniors from SEEK, because the majority of my friends are from SEEK and not school. The senior class at SEEK really was a group of amazing kids for all of us to look up to. Honestly, when I first came to SEEK, I didn't think anybody, especially that group, would even ever know my name, but that senior class became some important people in my life. Some of them became my closest friends, others just friends, and some just acquaintances but overall, they all were amazing role models. I don't think most of them realize how much they mean to me and how much I looked up to them, but I don't know what I would've done without some of them this past year. I really wish the 2011 SEEK class was as united and close as they are.

I've always said that I want to grow up and graduate and get out of RVA, and while that remains somewhat true, as the day when I walk across the stage at the Siegel Center approaches, I'm not too confident on totally growing up.

I know God has amazing things in store with me, and I know time changes, and we all have to be prepared to change with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers