Friday, October 29, 2010

SVA

SVA is still my dream school and I would literally do anything to get into there. If I don't get accepted, who knows what I'll end up doing.

My boredom led me to searching "SVA" on Tumblr and browsing through the blogs that came up. I discovered blogs of current SVA students along with people who are like me, desiring to become a SVA student.

I went from looking through their posts, trying to catch a glimpse of what the life of a SVA student is, to comparing my artistic abilities to their artistic abilities. One in particular inspired me to sketch random people. People are what I always ending up sketching anyway. After I was complete, I felt as if mine was just as good as the ones I saw on the blogs. But once I started digging deeper, I started feeling like it had no comparison.

It really gets me how hard I am on myself about my art. I have no confidence whatsoever. I really hope I create the ultimate portfolio to shine a light on my artistic abilities. If not, my hopes and dreams of being a SVA student are crushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers