Saturday, January 15, 2011

Transformation

Looking back, it seems pretty insane how much I've transformed as an individual.

I've gone through so many phases, friends, and styles throughout my lifetime, and I feel much content now.

As a freshman, "underground" music and going to shows was all I cared about. Throughout high school up until these past few months, I went to shows every chance I got. Not that I don't plan on ever going to shows, I will go to a show if there's a band on the line up that I really wanna see. However, I used to go to shows as much as I possibly could, even if the bands weren't ones that I was really into.

I always wore Vans, band tees, and the most "hardcore" wanna be band dude clothes that I could possibly get my hands on. It's funny because I've thrown almost all my band tees away and I only wear the ones I kept as undershirts now. My style has transformed so much over high school.

I begged my mom to let me get gauges for about two years and I finally got them. My lobes are currently stretched at 3/4 of an inch and a year ago, I was planning on going as big as possible. But right now, I would go get them chopped off if it wasn't so painful and expensive to do so. Not that I am anti gauges, I'm just not into having them anymore. I feel as if they don't fit who I am. But I'm not miserable with them.

Even my outlook on girls has changed. I used to say I would only date a girl that liked the same music as me and had gauges/piercings. Despite me being single now, I would never be shallow enough to only date girls who fit a specific stereotype.

I tried to so hard to fit in with a specific group of people, who I thought were cool because of their music taste and style. However, my groups of friends are as diverse as possible, and I'm friends with anyone.

I guess the whole point is that all of us look up to certain people or things, mine being bands that I was addicted to, and wanna be just like them. I went through all those phases. But now, with only a semester of high school left, I've finally started to discover who I am.

-AustinCHB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers